Jump to the main content block

Origins


Originally known as Taoyuan Provincial Hospital, under the jurisdiction of the Department of Health, Taiwan Provincial Government, the Taoyuan General Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare, is located near the central area of the Provincial Highway 1 in the Greater Taoyuan region. Officially established on December 15, 1979, the hospital provided medical services on par with those of a medical center to the residents in the Greater Taoyuan region, which was lacking in medical resources. Due to government streamlining policies, the hospital was transferred under the jurisdiction of the Department of Health, Executive Yuan in July 1999. The Sinwu Branch of the Taoyuan General Hospital was officially established in July 2003 to serve the residents of rural villages. Due to structural reforms of the Executive Yuan, the hospital was renamed as Taoyuan General Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare on July 23, 2013.
Since its establishment, the Hospital has implemented a substantial two-way cooperative education with the National Taiwan University Hospital, and a groundbreaking physician and instructor dual-employment system to recruit outstanding medical staff. Receiving strong support from the former Taiwan Provincial Government and the respect of the local residents, the system has successfully facilitated the upgrade and improvement of the hospital equipment.
Close
Taoyuan General Hospital¡G No.1492, Zhongshan Rd., Taoyuan Dist., Taoyuan City 330, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Phone:(03)369-9721 Voice registration:(03) 3796960 (03)3796870
Xinwu Branch, Taoyuan General Hospital¡G
No.6, Xinfu 2nd Rd., Xinwu Dist., Taoyuan City 32748, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Phone:(03)497-1989 Voice registration:(03)4971209
Taoyuan General Hospital Information room 2013 Taoyuan General Hospital. All rights reserved
Optimal resolution 1024x768
TOP